Betting Tips and Sports Predictions for This Week 28, 2023
Welcome to CXSports, where all the best betting picks and tips are no more than a click away. In this weekly roundup of all the best betting tips and predictions for this week 28, we’ll take a sneak peek at all the best betting action that lies ahead. From the F1 Hungary GP to the AFA First Division and English Premier League, it’s all here.
Please note: These predictions are now outdated. If you’re looking for up-to-date betting tips and odds, check out our predictions for this week 29.
Welcome to another weekly roundup of sports predictions for this week 28. Ahead, we’ve got all the best picks and tips you need to make the most of upcoming sports betting opportunities in F1, Premier League, and more.
But first, a quick reminder to keep an eye out for our smart Bet Now links. Using these, you’ll get instantly matched with the best sportsbook in your region, giving you direct access to the best odds and biggest welcome bonuses on offer right now.
With that out of the way, let’s get stuck into our predictions for this week 28.
F1 GP Odds and Predictions for This Week 28
The F1 Hungary Grand Prix is a beloved event among Formula One fans. It has been held in Mogyorod since 1986 and is part of the FIA F1 World Championship. It will take place at the Hungaroring racetrack, where Lewis Hamilton holds the record for the most wins. Here are the key details for our F1 predictions for this week 28.
- The weather in Hungary during the race can be unpredictable, with temperatures averaging around 22°C – 26°C and high humidity. There is a risk of heavy downpours and thunderstorms, but it is expected to be warm and dry overall.
- Lewis Hamilton has a strong record at the F1 Hungary Grand Prix and will be looking to win his 8th World Championship.
- George Russell, Mercedes’ current number two driver, has shown improvement and is predicted to perform well in Hungary.
- Max Verstappen, the current World Champion, is in top form and will be aiming for another victory.
- Red Bull, with Verstappen, Sergio Perez, and Daniel Ricciardo, will be a strong contender.
- Our F1 predictions for this week 28 suggest Max Verstappen will win, followed by George Russell in 2nd, and Lewis Hamilton in 3rd.
- Mercedes is predicted to be the top constructor, but Red Bull will provide strong competition with their lineup.
Premier League Predictions for This Week 28
Burnley vs Manchester City
- Burnley finished as champions in the Championship and secured promotion to the Premier League with remarkable results and over 100 points.
- Manchester City, the reigning champions, start the new season with the goal of defending their title under Guardiola’s leadership.
- The most recent match between Burnley and Manchester City took place on March 18, 2023, with Manchester City winning 6-0 at the Etihad Stadium. Burnley had 42% ball possession during the match but struggled against Manchester City’s formidable defense. Burnley had an 84% accuracy in their plays, but Manchester City had an 87% pass success rate and created more scoring opportunities.
- In the five most recent head-to-heads, Manchester City has won all five games.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Burnley vs Manchester City match show a 0-3 victory for Manchester City.
Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest
- Arsenal had a dominant performance in the previous season but fell short of winning the title due to potential overconfidence.
- Nottingham Forest only recently returned to the Premier League after a two-year absence. Despite facing challenges, Nottingham Forest managed to secure victories last season, including a memorable encounter against Arsenal.
- The most recent head-to-head match between Arsenal and Nottingham Forest took place on May 20, 2023. Arsenal had 82% possession but struggled to create impactful scoring opportunities. Nottingham Forest capitalized on their chances and secured a crucial 1-0 victory with only 18% possession.
- In the last five games between these two teams, Nottingham Forest won three times while Arsenal won twice.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest match show a 3-1 victory for Arsenal.
Sheffield United vs Crystal Palace
- Sheffield United secured qualification to the Premier League with a second-place finish and an impressive record of 28 victories out of 46 games.
- Crystal Palace faced challenges in the previous season, struggling to secure consistent victories and finishing in 11th place. They had more defeats than victories and conceded a significant number of goals, resulting in a negative goal difference.
- In the most recent clash between Sheffield United and Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace emerged victorious, dominating the match with 51% possession. Sheffield United struggled to advance despite having an almost equal possession (49%). Crystal Palace displayed composure had higher accuracy in their passes (78%).
- In their last four head-to-head clashes, each team has won twice.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Sheffield United vs Crystal Palace match show a 2-1 victory for Sheffield United.
Everton vs Fulham Prediction
- Everton had a challenging previous season, finishing second and aiming for a better outcome this time.
- Last season, Fulham achieved commendable results initially but narrowly missed out on European qualification.
- In the most recent Everton vs Fulham match, Fulham displayed lethal attacking prowess and secured a home victory. Everton had 46% possession and created chances but struggled to convert them into goals. Fulham dominated with 54% possession and showcased a balanced performance in their attack.
- In the five most recent head-to-heads, Everton won once, Fulham won twice, and the other two matches ended in a draw.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Everton vs Fulham Prediction match show a 0-2 victory for Fulham.
Brighton vs Luton Town
- Brighton aims to continue their European journey and achieve an even better finish in the upcoming season. They performed exceptionally in the previous Premier League season, securing 6th place.
- Luton Town makes its debut in the Premier League after an impressive ascent in the ranks. They finished third in their league and are determined to showcase their strength and resilience at this level.
- The last Brighton vs Luton Town match took place on July 23, 2016, with Luton Town winning 2-1 in a friendly match.
- Due to limited historical encounters and competitive data, predicting the outcome of the match is challenging.
- Our tentative predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Brighton vs Luton Town match show a 2-1 or 1-1 result based on available information.
Bournemouth vs West Ham
- Bournemouth made a successful return to the Premier League after relegation in the 2019-2020 season.
- Bournemouth faces a formidable rival in West Ham, known for their higher skill level.
- In the most recent match between Bournemouth and West Ham, West Ham dominated with 65% possession and capitalized on their chances. West Ham had a 77% pass completion rate and scored four goals, while Bournemouth struggled to pose a threat.
- In their last five head-to-head clashes, Bournemouth secured one victory, one match ended in a draw, and West Ham emerged victorious in three matches.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Bournemouth vs West Ham match show a scoreline of 0-3 or 1-3 in favor of West Ham based on historical outcomes.
Newcastle vs Aston Villa
- Newcastle had an exceptional Premier League season, securing a spot in the Champions League after a twenty-year wait.
- Aston Villa experienced a remarkable resurgence in the league, ascending from a lower-middle position to competing with top clubs.
- In their last head-to-head, Aston Villa won against Newcastle, adding to their confidence. Newcastle held 48% possession in the most recent match, but Aston Villa executed a well-devised strategy. Aston Villa displayed a passing accuracy of 78% and capitalized on six shots, scoring three goals.
- In the five most recent matches between Newcastle and Aston Villa, Newcastle won twice, one match ended in a draw, and Aston Villa won twice.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Newcastle vs Aston Villa match show a scoreline of 3-2 or 2-1.
Brentford vs Tottenham
- Brentford had an impressive last season, finishing among the top ten teams in the Premier League but falling short of their European aspirations.
- Tottenham had a challenging season, finishing in eighth place and missing out on international prospects.
- In the most recent Brentford vs Tottenham match, Brentford staged a remarkable comeback to secure a victory on their home turf. Brentford had less possession but displayed superior cunning in their attacks. Tottenham showcased a promising attacking approach but failed to capitalize on their opportunities. The passing accuracy for Brentford was 77%, and they scored three goals out of four attempts on target. Tottenham had eight shots but only managed to convert one.
- In the last five head-to-head matches between Brentford and Tottenham, there was one Brentford victory, two draws, and two Tottenham victories.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Brentford vs Tottenham match show a likely 2-2 draw.
Chelsea vs Liverpool Prediction
- Chelsea concluded the previous season on a disappointing note despite significant financial investment in their squad. They only secured one victory in their final five matches, with two draws and two losses.
- Liverpool managed to end the previous season on a relatively positive note, although falling short of their desired outcome. They relied on draws to salvage their position and secure a place in the Europa League.
- The most recent encounter between Chelsea and Liverpool ended in a goalless draw, with both teams struggling to secure a decisive victory. Liverpool held a slight advantage in possession with 51%, but their attempts failed to yield results. Chelsea possessed 49% of the ball, hindering their ability to build a potent offensive game plan. Both teams displayed an equal level of passing accuracy at 83%.
- In their last five head-to-head clashes, Liverpool won twice, and three matches ended in a draw.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Chelsea vs Liverpool Prediction match show a probable 0-0 draw.
Manchester United vs Wolves
- Manchester United had a remarkable turnaround last season, securing their desired position in the Champions League.
- Wolves had a challenging season, struggling to gather enough points to secure a comfortable distance from the relegation zone. The Premier League opener against Manchester United presents a challenging test for Wolves.
- The most recent Manchester United vs Wolves encounter saw Manchester United dominate the game. Manchester United possessed 48% of the ball and executed their game plan effectively. Wolves had 52% possession but struggled to make headway against Manchester United’s relentless attacks. Manchester United completed 81% of their passes and registered nine shots on target, resulting in two goals.
- In the last five Manchester United vs Wolves matches, Manchester United emerged victorious in four of them.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Manchester United vs Wolves match show either a 2-0 or 2-1 result in favor of Manchester United.
AFA First Division Predictions for This Week 28
Gimnasia vs Boca Juniors
- Gimnasia is playing at home and needs the points in this match against Boca Juniors. They have had a tough season with seven defeats in their first fourteen games, placing them 23rd in the standings.
- Boca Juniors has also struggled this season, with only 18 points out of a possible 42. They have a good scoring ability, having scored eighteen goals so far.
- The most recent match between these two teams was a closely contested match, with Boca Juniors having more control of the ball and more attacking opportunities. Gimnasia struggled to reach the opponent’s area and relied on their defense. Boca Juniors had better passing effectiveness and managed to score two goals from seven shots on target. The final score was 2-1 in favor of Boca Juniors.
- In the five most recent head-to-heads, both teams have won twice, while one game ended in a draw.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Gimnasia vs Boca Juniors match show a 0-1 or 1-2 victory for Boca Juniors.
Racing vs Rosario Central
- Racing is in need of wins as they approach the halfway point of the first phase of the season. They arrived at match fourteen with poor numbers and were at risk of falling towards the bottom of the table.
- Rosario Central had a strong start to the season and occupied the top positions in the table. However, in the matches leading up to match fourteen, they had three draws, one defeat, and only one victory.
- The most recent meeting between these teams was a high-scoring match with a lot of back-and-forth action. Racing started with the lead, but Rosario Central came back with three goals in less than thirty minutes to snatch the victory. Racing dominated possession with 76%, while Rosario Central had only 24%. Racing had a higher accuracy in their plays and finished 88% of the chances created, while Rosario Central struggled to sustain a good rhythm of the game.
- In the last five games between these two teams Racing has won three times, there has been one draw, and Rosario Central has won once.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Racing vs Rosario Central match show a 2-1 victory for Racing.
Lanus vs Banfield
- Lanus has been performing well this season and is just a couple of points away from the top three positions. They have accumulated 25 points in 14 games and currently sit in 7th place.
- Banfield has struggled to secure victories and is competing for the lower positions in the standings. They have faced several defeats, including two in their last five games.
- The most recent match between these two teams saw Lanus end a long winless streak against Banfield by securing a victory. Lanus only had 40% of ball possession but maintained a continuous attacking approach. Banfield dominated possession with 60% but struggled to create scoring opportunities. Lanus had a 57% accuracy in their plays, but some ball losses prevented them from increasing their lead.
- In their last five head-to-head clashes, Banfield has won three times, there has been one draw, and Lanus has won once.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Lanus vs Banfield match show a 2-0 victory for Lanus.
Belgrano vs San Lorenzo
- Belgrano is fighting to secure a spot among the top five teams in the first phase. They have shown strength in their overall results, but their weakness lies in goal-scoring.
- San Lorenzo cannot afford any more mistakes as they risk losing their position in the middle of the first phase. They currently occupy the second position, but their recent performances have been more challenging.
- The most recent encounter between these teams was a relatively uneventful match with few dangerous situations for either team. Belgrano struggled to make an impact and lacked attacking opportunities. San Lorenzo had a majority of ball possession but failed to convert their chances. The match ended in a goalless draw with no goals scored by either side.
- In the most recent head-to-heads, Belgrano has been unable to secure a win, with two matches ending in draws and San Lorenzo winning two.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Belgrano vs San Lorenzo match show a 0-1 victory for San Lorenzo.
Godoy Cruz vs Defensa y Justicia
- Godoy Cruz is not doing badly in this first phase but needs to tighten up to improve their position in the standings. They have had sustained performances in their last five matches, with two wins and three draws.
- Defensa y Justicia has been performing impressively and is closing in on the possibility of finishing second in the table. In their last five matches, they have achieved four wins and a draw, gaining momentum and improving their position.
- In the most recent head-to-head match between these teams, Godoy Cruz secured a 2-1 victory in that match, coming back from an early deficit. Possession was evenly split, with Godoy Cruz having 43% and Defensa y Justicia having 57%. Godoy Cruz had a 61% accuracy in their passes, while Defensa y Justicia had a 71% passing effectiveness.
- In the last five games between these two teams, Defensa y Justicia won three times, while Godoy Cruz has won twice.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming Godoy Cruz vs Defensa y Justicia match show a 1-3 or 0-2 victory for Defensa y Justicia.
River Plate vs Estudiantes
- River Plate is dominating the competition and aiming for the title in this first phase. They have the best records, with 12 victories in the 15 games played, accumulating 37 points.
- Estudiantes has picked up momentum and improved their performance as they move past the halfway point of the first phase. In their last five matches, they have achieved four wins and one draw, earning 13 points out of a possible 15.
- In the most recent match between these teams, River Plate dominated the match and secured an impressive 5-0 victory at home. River Plate had 62% ball possession and converted over 70% of their attacking plays. Estudiantes struggled with only 38% ball control and had difficulty finding a balance between defense and attack. River Plate had an 87% accuracy in their combinations, demonstrating their superiority.
- In their last five head-to-head clashes, River Plate won two times, one match ended in a draw, and Estudiantes won twice.
- Our predictions for this week 28 for the upcoming River Plate vs Estudiantes match show a 3-0 or 3-1 victory for River Plate.
Stay Tuned for More Sports Predictions and Betting Tips
That just about does it for this roundup of the best sports predictions for this week 28.
But before we go, take a moment to check out the following links.
- If you didn’t find what you were looking for here, take a look at our complete listing of all the best sports predictions and odds for more matches we might not have covered here.
- If you’re looking to get a jump on the upcoming 2023 Rugby World Cup, we’ve just uploaded the first round of predictions, with plenty more to come.
And finally, one more reminder to look out for our smart Bet Now links. These are, hands down, the best way to get instant access to the best odds and welcome bonuses available at any sportsbook in your region, bar none.