Nottingham vs Wolves Prediction and Odds Round 29
Nottingham and Wolves are battling to avoid relegation in the upcoming match. Sitting at the bottom of the table, both teams are in dire need of points to secure their place in the league for the next season. The result of the Nottingham vs Wolves match could prove crucial for their survival in the league. Despite their similarities, a careful analysis of the teams could give us a clear indication of the potential winner.
Nottingham vs Wolves Statistics and Analysis
Nottingham vs Wolves Betting Tips EPL
It seems that the changes and movements that are taking place within Nottingham are giving better results. They are not out of danger because the difference between the teams in the table is minimal, but they have risen more than expected and look like they can do it, even hindering the hopes of other clubs.
In this Nottingham vs Wolves match, they will be in high spirits after having managed to beat this opponent in their most recent match.
Wolves continue in their intention of not ending their Premiership dream this season. But it has cost them dearly and remains a complicated task, although in the middle of the competition, on matchday 19, they did get a temporary escape from the agony in which they had been living.
They will face each other next in Nottingham vs Wolves, from which they bring a bitter taste after narrowly missing out on a place in the semi-final of the Emirates FA Cup.
Nottingham vs Wolves Preview Games and History
The last match between Nottingham and Wolves took place on January 11, 2023, at the City Ground. It was an important match, with Nottingham taking an early lead and finally getting some success after a long drought. However, the Wolves managed to turn the tables and not only equalized but also won the penalty shootout by a narrow margin.
Wolves had the ball for the majority of the game, dominating 66% of possession and creating a better attacking game than their opponents, while El Bosque’s side touched the ball for the remaining 34%, a low percentage that did not leave them with many alternatives, but even so they effectively stopped their opponents.
Wolves had a better performance on the pitch, with better results in their combinations, completing 84% of them. Nottingham had failures at the time of concreting their passes, achieving accuracy in only 72% of them. Wolves had five shots on goal, only one of which went in, while El Bosque’s side had only two shots inside the three posts, one of which resulted in a goal.
The opening goal would be El Bosque’s, with defender Willy Boly scoring the first for a moment of victory and joy for the club. They would hold on until the 64th minute of the second half when Cunha assisted Wolves striker Raúl Jiménez to level the match. The match would go into extra time, which would be scoreless and would be decided on penalties.
The first two for each club were missed, Sam Surridge for Nottingham and Ruben Neves for Wolves. The next three for both teams were inside the net, Remo Freuler, Joe Worrall, and Morgan Gibbs-White for El Bosque and Daniel Podence, Matheus Nunes, and Matheus Cunha for the Wolves. The final kicks were taken by Nottingham’s Jack Colback, who hit the target, and Wolves’ Joe Hodge, who missed. So the match between Nottingham and Wolves ended 1-1 (4-3).
Upcoming Games – EPL Round 30
On matchday 30 of the Premier League in Aston Villa vs Nottingham, El Bosque’s team will have to press hard to get something out of this game on a rival’s ground. Meanwhile, the Wolves will take on Chelsea in Wolves vs Chelsea.
Find these and more EPL predictions right here on CXSports.
Prediction for Nottingham vs Wolves
These two clubs have met five times between September 2017 and January 2023, with two encounters in the Championship, two in the EFL Cup, and only one in the Premier League.
Of these five games, Nottingham Forest has won twice, while Wolves have emerged victorious in three. This season has been a roller coaster ride for both teams, making it challenging to predict the outcome of the upcoming Nottingham vs Wolves match.
However, the prediction suggests a closely contested game, with a likely scoreline of 1-1 or a 1-2 victory for the visitors.
More Soccer Predictions
Free Sports Predictions
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get them all!