Brentford vs Newcastle Prediction and Odds Round 30
One of our most highly-anticipated matches is the upcoming Brentford vs Newcastle game. Both teams have had a strong performance this season, with Newcastle being more forceful in their results. Meanwhile, Brentford continues to climb the table and make their mark. The Brentford vs Newcastle match is highly anticipated as they will face each other after one of the teams suffered a significant defeat in their previous match. The desire for revenge is at an all-time high. Will the home team be able to take advantage of this situation and secure a win, or will it end in a draw?
Brentford vs Newcastle Odds and Statistics
Brentford vs Newcastle Betting Tips EPL
Brentford is one of the top teams in the competition, not only because of their impressive results but also because of their ability to play well, score goals, and progress without being in danger at any point. They have suffered only a few defeats, one of which was against the current opponent they are hosting. Brentford will aim to overturn this result and see their home game as an opportunity to achieve better outcomes.
After twenty matches, they have only lost four times, and they will seek to continue their winning streak in their upcoming match against Newcastle.
Newcastle‘s consecutive victories had made their closest rivals worried as the gap between them was decreasing rapidly. However, in their last five games, they have had three draws, which somewhat affected their winning streak. Despite still being in third place, the Red Devils were closely following in their footsteps.
Newcastle cannot afford to underestimate their opponents in matches like Brentford vs Newcastle, but they should be confident in their abilities.
Brentford vs Newcastle Preview Games and History
The last Brentford vs Newcastle match was on October 8, 2022, at St James Park. At first glance, the statistics of the match might suggest that it was an evenly-matched duel. However, the Magpies managed to dominate Brentford, who had no response to the lethal offense of the home team. Newcastle set the game’s tempo in the first half and scored a goal with the help of an error from their opponents.
The ball would be fairly evenly distributed, and the dominance would be superior to Newcastle’s, with 55% in their favor. It was enough for the show they put on. The Bees would control the remaining 45% of the game with the ball between the players in the squad, but it would not make a difference.
The Magpies would have 79% accuracy in the combinations they created, it would not be the highest level shown by these players either. And even if it was quite regular, it would be enough for this occasion. Brentford, for their part, would reach 74% effectiveness in all their passes. Although it was a similar game to the opponent’s, it completely lacked strength in attack, and the defensive line was affected. Newcastle would have six shots on goal in the entire match, five of which would end in goals. The Bees would have two scoring opportunities, but none would go in.
Brentford’s first chance came in the 12th minute but was disallowed by the VAR. On the other hand, Bruno Guimaraes opened the scoring in the 21st minute with an assist from Trippier to put the Magpies ahead and gain momentum. In the 28th minute, the home side got their second, this time from Wilson’s pass to striker Jacob Murphy. That’s how they would go into the break, with the visitors unable to respond.
The first goal of the second half came from Brentford, striker Ivan Toney scoring from the penalty spot to make it 2-1 to Newcastle. But the Magpies did not stop attacking, and in the 56th minute, midfielder Bruno Guimaraes doubled the lead. The Magpies added a fourth in the 82nd minute, with striker Miguel Almirón not to be denied. And just as the party was about to end, defender Ethan Pinnock scored an own goal for Newcastle’s fifth.
Upcoming games Premier League Matchday 31
On matchday #31 of the Premier League, the Wolves vs Brentford match could be quite evenly matched, although the Bees do have a chance to come away with a victory. Additionally, Aston Villa will face off against Newcastle in Aston Villa vs Newcastle.
Find these and more real predictions right here on CXSports.
Prediction for Brentford vs Newcastle
The last five matches between the two teams have taken place between January 2017 and October 2022, three in the Premier League, one in the Championship, and one in the EFL Cup.
The Bees have only managed to win one of those matches, one has ended in a draw, and three have been Magpies victories. The table also tells us the difference between them.
This, together with their history, means the prediction for Brentford vs Newcastle is 1-3.
More Soccer Predictions
Free Sports Predictions
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get them all!