West Ham vs Southampton Prediction and Odds Round 29
In the 29th round of the Premier League, West Ham and Southampton will face each other in a crucial match for their survival at the bottom of the table. The fight to avoid relegation is brutal, and it’s hard to determine how much a team needs to suffer before accepting their fate of being relegated to the lower division. The gap between the teams is often marginal, and the situation can change rapidly. Some teams recover from bad moments, while others continue to struggle. Let’s make a prediction and better understand what to expect from the West Ham vs Southampton match.
West Ham vs Southampton Odds and Statistics
West Ham vs Southampton Betting Tips EPL
West Ham reached the halfway point of the competition in a very difficult situation because by then, on matchday 19, they had already suffered twelve defeats, reached three draws, and won only four matches. Fortunately, several of their rivals are in the same or worse circumstances. But if they continue in this way, the risk of relegation may be imminent.
They are about to play West Ham vs Southampton, and contrary to what it may seem, it will not be an easy game at all.
Southampton has not been among the clubs that have managed to score in consecutive games. The difficulties that surround them have led them to have little luck in winning. At the halfway point of the campaign, they had just four wins, the last one against an agonizing Everton, which in fact, could serve the Saints well in the long run.
What lies ahead for the club to survive is a tough war, but there are games that smile on their faces, like this West Ham vs Southampton, which they must hold on to and manage to win.
West Ham vs Southampton Preview Games and History
The last West Ham vs Southampton match took place on October 16, 2022. It was a close game, and West Ham had a chance to win it after scoring a goal that gave them the lead for almost 45 minutes. They defended well and made several attacks against their opponents, who played at a higher level than usual compared to their previous performances. However, the match ended in a draw.
However, the Hammers were not to be denied, and although their shots were few and far between, one would be powerful enough to level the match.
The ball would spend almost two-thirds of the game between the feet of West Ham players, who would try to dominate with 61% of possession, but it wouldn’t work; the Saints, with the remaining 39% of possession, would dominate in attack, patiently biding their time without letting up.
West Ham would make 488 passes, 80% of which would be successful, while the Saints would make 323 combinations, 72% of which would be accurate. The Hammers would have a total of four shots on goal, only one of which would result in a goal; Southampton would have eight shots on goal, only one of which would be on target.
The first goal of the match would be for Southampton. In the 20th minute, defender Romain Perraud sent a powerful shot that ended up in the back of the visitors’ net. The joy would last until late in the second half when Benrahma provided a superb assist for midfielder Declan Rice to make it 1-1 between West Ham and Southampton.
Upcoming Games – EPL Round 30
Matchday #30 of the Premier League features Fulham vs West Ham, in which the Cottagers will have to prove themselves against an opponent they haven’t been able to beat lately. Meanwhile, Southampton vs Manchester City will take place on the same day.
Find these and more Premier League odds and predictions right here on CXSports.
Prediction for West Ham vs Southampton
The last five encounters between West Ham and Southampton have taken place between May 2021 and October 2022, all within the Premier League.
During this time, West Ham has managed to secure only one win, with two draws and three victories for Southampton. Although Southampton has had better luck drawing some matches away from home, their history against West Ham suggests the odds are stacked against them.
The prediction for the upcoming match could be another 1-1 draw, but it will more likely be a 1-2 victory for the Saints.
Odds Analysis and Previous Match History
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get them all!