Get in touch with us

Athletic vs Real Madrid | LaLiga 22-23 | Matchday 18

A good start does not necessarily mean that it will be the same for the whole season. Sometimes it is easier to maintain regular steps when you balance the forces from start to finish. This does not translate into winning the title either, sometimes not even winning a place in the Champions League or even the Europa League. But you keep fighting until the end and against any opponent, as Athletic vs Real Madrid will be a match that will bring both clubs closer to the dreamed goal, title and/or Champions League.

Athletic Bilbao Predictions
Athletic Spain
22 Jan, 21:00 La Liga Bet Now
Real Madrid Spain
Real Madrid predictions

Athletic vs Real Madrid Predictions and Odds for Matchday 18 LaLiga

Athletic vs Real Madrid Odds and Statistics

Athletic made a good start to the season but their soccer has not been enough to prevent their rivals from pushing them down the table. They need to generate more attacking play and score goals to win games. Athletic vs Real Madrid, they face an opponent that is in excellent form and a very good moment.

Athletic vs Real Madrid Betting Tips LaLiga: The Season So Far

We have seen how they have had to fight too hard in some games, but we have also seen how Real Madrid contains, stops and hits tremendous counterattacks that leave their rivals K.O. They are not an easy team to read and even with rotations they are a very strong squad. Soon they will play Athletic vs Real Madrid and the Whites know that it will not be an easy game but they can win it.

Athletic vs Real Madrid Preview Games and History

The most recent Athletic vs Real Madrid that has taken place in LaLiga Santander happened on 22 – 12 – 21, also at the San Mam├ęs stadium. It was a match of early goals and all accumulated in just six minutes, then the match went to sleep.

Real Madrid had the ball for most of the match, achieving a 60% possession, while Athletic managed the remaining 40% of the match. The accuracy in the plays created by both teams was quite similar, Madrid managed to hit 90% of all the passes generated, while Athletic created and hit 87% of their passes in the match. Los Merengues managed to reach and shoot at the opponent’s goal in 7 opportunities and conceded two, while Los Leones shot at the opponent’s goal in 2 occasions and scored 1.

The goals would start early in the match, the first was for the visitors, who took the lead with a shot by Karim Benzema at minute 4′, who would have received a very good ball from a pass from his teammate Toni Kroos to finish an unstoppable shot for the Lions’ goalkeeper.

Just three minutes into the second half, the home side lost the ball. There was no waste on the part of the Merengues, who with accurate touches brought the ball to the player Karim Benzema to score his double in the 7th minute of the match, the locals were 0 – 2 in less than ten minutes.

And three minutes later, Oihan Sancet’s goal from outside the area with an unstoppable shot would mean the score would be reduced and put his team with hopes of a draw or a comeback. The assist for this goal came from Oscar de Marcos.

Los Merengues held the ball for the rest of the game, playing more defense and control than attack to avoid taking risks and secure the game. With this match, they closed a very good year at the top of the table. The Lions failed to break the ice, losing those three points in Athletic vs Real Madrid at home.

You have more data available in the predictions of the LaLiga matches on our website. Now you can start your bet by clicking the button!

Upcoming games Matchday 19 LaLiga

On matchday 19, Celta de Vigo vs Athletic and Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad will take place, a match that, at least, will make Los Blancos sweat.

Prediction for Athletic vs Real Madrid 22/01/23

Of the last five Athletic vs Real Madrid matches that have taken place in different competitions, four have been victories for Los Merengues and one victory for Los Leones. Most of these matches end with minimal difference on the scoreboard. With this and seeing the performance of each club so far this season, the prediction results in another possible victory for the visitors, who could take the match with a difference of 1 – 2 or 2 – 0.

Start your bet now! Get more facts with the other predictions available on our website.

22 Jan, 21:00 La Liga
Athletic Bilbao Predictions
Athletic
VS
Real Madrid predictions
Real Madrid

More Betting Options

More Odds & Predictions

20 Nov, 00:00 F1
Ferrari
VS
Mercedes
05 Mar, 00:00 F1
Red Bull
VS
Mercedes
02 Apr, 00:00 F1
Mercedes
VS
Ferrari
21 Nov, 11:00 FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
Senegal
VS
Netherlands
21 Nov, 14:00 FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
England
VS
Iran
20 Nov, 17:00 FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
Qatar
VS
Ecuador
25 Dec, 02:15 Football
Las Vegas Raiders
VS
Pittsburgh Steelers
18 Dec, 00:00 Football
Seahawks
VS
49ers
18 Dec, 00:00 Football
Saints
VS
Falcons