West Ham vs Chelsea Prediction and Odds Date 02

Last season, both West Ham and Chelsea struggled to achieve favorable results, finishing in the lower mid-table. This upcoming match will take place at the London Stadium, the home ground of the Hammers, on 08/19. However, it’s worth noting that West Ham has not secured a victory at this venue since 2021. On the other hand, Chelsea aims to rejuvenate their performance and adapt better to the competition. Considering these factors, the prediction for the West Ham vs Chelsea match suggests a closely contested game, with the possibility of both teams earning a share of the points. Here’s what you need to know to place a solid bet.

West Ham Predictions EPL
West Ham England
20 Aug, 17:30 Premier League Bet Now
Chelsea England
Chelsea FC Predictions

West Ham vs Chelsea Betting Tips Premier League

West Ham vs Chelsea Odds and Statistics

West Ham Preview Games and History

The decline of West Ham last season, compared to their previous campaign, raises concerns about their future prospects. Their performance deteriorated significantly without showing signs of improvement, making it challenging to anticipate positive outcomes. However, they have the opportunity to turn things around in this new cycle and regain their position at the top of the table. Achieving this will require increased effort and perseverance in every match.

In this West Ham vs Chelsea Premier League 23-24 fixture, West Ham will face a formidable opponent who they managed to secure a positive result against in their previous encounter.

Chelsea Preview Games and History

With the right cohesion within the squad, Chelsea possesses the necessary qualities to once again be among the top teams in the Premier League. Last season, they underwent significant changes not only in terms of their squad but also in their technical approach. Perhaps, this affected the overall connection within the club, hindering their ability to secure a favorable position in the competition. Nonetheless, the Premier League has traditionally been a comfortable space for Chelsea, and they remain hopeful of building strong momentum.

Matches like West Ham vs Chelsea provide them with an opportunity to accumulate crucial points and establish positive momentum going forward.

West Ham vs Chelsea Match Preview

Their most recent encounter took place on November 2, 2023. Despite West Ham being inferior during the game, they managed to secure a draw and held onto that result until the final whistle, earning themselves a valuable point. While Chelsea attempted to increase their lead, the match had already reached a tense state, limiting their effectiveness.

West Ham had only 28% possession of the ball, and once they secured the draw, their focus shifted to defensive play. Chelsea, on the other hand, dominated ball possession with 72%, but they struggled to capitalize on this advantage as their attempts to exploit spaces were consistently thwarted.

West Ham successfully completed 75% of their created plays, which was relatively impressive given their limited time on the ball. Their primary objective was to frustrate the opposition’s attacks. In contrast, Chelsea boasted a 90% passing accuracy but lacked effectiveness in front of goal. West Ham had two shots on target, resulting in one goal, while Chelsea managed four shots on target, scoring once.

The opening goal of the game was netted by midfielder Joao Félix in the 16th minute, assisted by Fernández. The equalizer came from West Ham midfielder Emerson Palmieri, who received a delivery from Bowen.

Upcoming games Premier League Round 2

On matchday #03, these two clubs will play Brighton vs West Ham and Chelsea vs Luton Town.

Check out our full predictions listing for these and plenty more soccer betting picks.

Prediction West Ham vs Chelsea EPL 2023

The five most recent West Ham vs Chelsea games took place between April 2021 and February 2023, all within the Premier League. During this period, West Ham emerged victorious in one match, while another ended in a draw. On the other hand, Chelsea secured three victories. 

The West Ham vs Chelsea prediction is for a 1-2 win for Chelsea.

Wait no more. Bet Now to win!

Odds Analysis and Previous Match History

West Ham Predictions EPL
West Ham England
  • D
  • L
  • L
  • W
  • L
Chelsea FC Predictions
Chelsea England
  • D
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • W
20 Aug, 17:30 Premier League
West Ham Predictions EPL
West Ham
VS
Chelsea FC Predictions
Chelsea
West Ham Predictions EPL
West Ham England
20 Aug, 17:30 Premier League Bet Now
Chelsea England
Chelsea FC Predictions

More Soccer Predictions

19 Jun, 15:00
Croatia Predictions
Croatia
VS
Albany Predictions
Albania
19 Jun, 18:00
Germany Predictions
Germany
VS
Hungary Predictions
Hungary
19 Jun, 21:00
Scotland Predictions
Scotland
VS
Switzerland Predictions
Switzerland
20 Jun, 15:00
Slovenia Predictions
Slovenia
VS
Serbia Predictions
Serbia