Get in touch with us

Espanyol vs Betis | LaLiga 22-23 | Matchday 18

What a great match that each of the days are leaving us! Soccer is pure passion, we have just come from living the most important competition of this sport, the World Cup, where all players are devoted to defend their country and return as one to do it with their clubs. The teams are hungry for more this year and in Espanyol vs Betis we will see how a team that needs victories to reach its goal can get its claws out.

RCD Espanyol Predictions
Espanyol Spain
22 Jan, 00:00 La Liga Bet Now
Betis Spain
Real Betis Predictions

Espanyol vs Betis Predictions and Odds for Matchday 18 LaLiga

Espanyol vs Betis Odds and Statistics

Espanyol returned to Primera Division last season after finishing in the last of the places in the standings in the 2019 – 2020 season. In that 2021 – 22 in which they managed to get promoted again they finished in 14th place, a good position for a newly promoted side. This season they are trying to even achieve the same but it’s going to be a tough battle. Espanyol vs Betis is coming up and it will be a very tough game for the Pericos.

Espanyol vs Betis Betting Tips LaLiga: The Season So Far

Betis is a first class club, although they don’t always shine, for a couple of seasons now they have been rubbing shoulders with the teams that compete for the top positions. This season the Verderones started with everything and despite their setbacks they are heading towards the top of the table for a good place, they want Champions League. Facing Espanyol vs Betis the club brings good numbers and is in good shape to get a positive result.

Preview Games and History Betis vs Espanyol. Goals, statistics and more 

On 21 – 01 – 22 the most recent Espanyol vs Betis was played, a match that Espanyol would start winning but they failed to contain the advance of Betis, who then beat them at home. The ball belonged mostly to Los Verderones, with 62% of the match in control, while Los Pericos had a chance to the ball 38% of the match. In terms of successful passes, Betis managed to achieve 88%, while Espanyol had 85% accuracy in combined plays. The Verdiblancos attacked the opponent’s goal 8 times, while the Blanquiazules had 4 shots at the opponent’s goal.

The first clear opportunity of the match was for the Pericos at minute 2′, with a combination play between Aleix Vidal and Raúl de Tomás, the ball ended up in the goalkeeper’s hands. The Verderones’ goal came in the 8th minute of the match, with a long-range attempt by Fakir.

At minute 14, Raúl de Tomás received a perfect cross from Óscar Gil, the striker got rid of the rivals and shot a shot that would end up smashing the opponent’s net. The equalizer came a little more than a quarter of an hour later, when the assistant of the first goal of the Pericos touched the ball with his hand, benefiting the Verderones with the penalty. Borja Iglesias would take the penalty at 31′, making the score 1-1.

The first goal of the comeback came in the 36th minute when midfielder Guido Rodríguez headed in a shot by Nabil Fekir to put Betis up 1-2. This would be the result with which they would go to the break.

In the 53rd minute, Borja Iglesias would finish off an accurate pass from Canales, unstoppable in Diego Lopez’s goal. This would not end here, Nabil Fekir would generate another assist for striker Willian José, who had just entered, to score the fourth and last for his team. Espanyol vs Betis would end in a thrashing of Los Pericos on their home turf.

Upcoming games Matchday 19 LaLiga

On matchday 19 will be played Almeria vs Espanyol and Getafe vs Betis, a match that can help Los Verderones to position themselves better.

Prediction for Espanyol vs Betis on 22/01/23

The last head to head between Espanyol vs Betis have culminated in two wins for the Verderones and three draws, with the latter being the one that would end with the highest goal difference. Looking closely at the performances of both teams so far this season, where the Verderones are standing out and the Pericos are attracting attention but for their decline, we can throw a prediction of victory for the visitors. The final score could be 2 – 0 or 2 – 1.

Start now with your bet by pressing the button! And if you want more data you can check the other predictions available on our website.

22 Jan, 00:00 La Liga
RCD Espanyol Predictions
Espanyol
VS
Real Betis Predictions
Betis

More Betting Options

More Odds & Predictions

20 Nov, 00:00 F1
Ferrari
VS
Mercedes
05 Mar, 00:00 F1
Red Bull
VS
Mercedes
02 Apr, 00:00 F1
Mercedes
VS
Ferrari
21 Nov, 11:00 FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
Senegal
VS
Netherlands
21 Nov, 14:00 FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
England
VS
Iran
20 Nov, 17:00 FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
Qatar
VS
Ecuador
25 Dec, 02:15 Football
Las Vegas Raiders
VS
Pittsburgh Steelers
18 Dec, 00:00 Football
Seahawks
VS
49ers
18 Dec, 00:00 Football
Saints
VS
Falcons