Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Prediction and Odds Date 26
This match is over. If you’re looking for the next match between Aston Villa and Crystal Palace, check out our Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Prediction.
The EPL train doesn’t stop for anyone, even if its steady forward progress is leaving some clubs behind. It is often difficult to get good results consistently, but even more important is the ability to bounce back from such setbacks. In this Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace prediction, we will show how two similar clubs can take try and take advantage of the other.
Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Odds and Statistics
Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Betting Tips EPL
Of the 17 games Aston Villa had played, 8 of them were defeats. Their first two games back from the World Cup were one loss and one win. It is unlikely that they will get the same kind of results in a row, neither positive nor negative. Rather, they will just struggle between one and the other. In this Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace match, they will see an opponent that is their neighbor on the table. But they cannot go into the game like this is a friendly neighborhood get-together. Too much is on the line, and Crystal Palace has no intention of making it easy for them.
The road has not been easy for Crystal Palace either. It is well known that there are duels that are impossible for them to win, which distances them from any possibility of being at the top of the table. However, they continue to fight in the middle of the table, despite the obstacles that they must try to overcome. In Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace, they will be looking for a way to take those away points.
Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace Preview Games and History
Aston Villa and Crystal Palace had their last duel on August 20, 2022 in a game where a hard and forceful response to a goal had the locals take over the match that Aston Villa had started out winning. The euphoria of the early goal did not prepare them for the counterattack and comeback that would leave them totally disjointed for the rest of the game and with no chance of getting anything more.
The Villans had 49% of the possession, enough time to set up an attacking game, which they did, but they lacked the power. Crystal Palace, on the other hand, had 51% of the possession, and they knew how to take advantage of it.
The visitors had an 81% accuracy in their passes, a good level for such a busy game, while the Eagles managed 84% of their passes. Aston Villa tried their best to shoot on goal, getting five shots in total, but would only manage to get one to go in. On the other end of the field, the home side had nine clear chances, three of which would end in a goal.
The visitors took the lead in the 5th minute of the match with an assist from Bailey and a goal from striker Ollie Watkins. However, it would take Crystal Palace two minutes to respond with an equalizer, Édouard building the pass for striker Wilfried Zaha, who scored with an unstoppable shot.
In the 27th minute, the Eagles would put the ball in the back of the net again. And while the VAR overturned this goal, it did warn the locals about what they could achieve. This would be the last highlight of the first half, and they would go into the break level on the scoreboard.
In the 56th minute of the second half, Crystal Palace was awarded a penalty that Wilfried Zaha missed. Then, in the 58th minute, the striker completed his brace, with Zaha scoring his team’s second. And in the 71st minute, Mitchell assisted striker Jean-Philippe Mateta to make it 1-3 Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace.
Upcoming games Premier League Matchday 27
Find these and other EPL predictions right here on CXSports.
Prediction for Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace
Between December 2020 and August 2022, the last five head-to-head matches between these teams were played in the Premier League. Out of those matches, there were two wins for the Villans, one draw, and two victories for the Eagles.
During this season, they have both shown similar performances on the field, both in terms of points and goal average.
However, while things might look even, the prediction for Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace jumps in favor of the visitors with a score of either 1-3 or 1-2.
Odds Analysis and Previous Match History
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get them all!