Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano Predictions and Odds
This match is over. If you’re looking for the next match between Villarreal and Rayo Vallecano, check out our Rayo Vallecano vs Villarreal prediction.
LaLiga continues at full speed and the teams are increasingly weighed down by the lack of points in the different matchdays. At Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano the teams arrive in the necessary search for three points to remain in the fight for the best positions. It will not be an easy duel.
Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano Odds and Statistics
Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano LaLiga Betting tips: The season so far.
Villarreal had a good start in the competition, however, slacking off means reducing those efforts to very little, especially if the rivals sustain and increase their strength. Upcoming Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano, they come with several last minute setbacks, will they be able to cope?
For their part, Rayo Vallecano were not so lucky at the beginning of LaLiga, however, they were seen in the games before the World Cup break with a lot of determination and getting good results. In Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano they will be hoping to get the points and move forward.
Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano Preview Games and History
A masterful goal was the result of the last Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano, the Yellow Submarines conceded five goals to the Rayistas at home. The locals managed to take control of the ball in 56% of the match, in which they barely managed to build the occasional play and score the goal of honor, while the visitors kept the ball for the remaining 44%, enough to generate a close match and at the same time a blitzing game.
The Rayistas managed to complete 85% of the passes they created, while the Yellow Submarines managed 82% of the combined plays between them. But Villarreal’s siege of the rival goal gave them 5 hits out of 8 shots on goal, while Rayo Vallecano hit the net 3 times and only managed one positive result.
The party would start early, Villarreal were not willing to waste time, at minute 3′ Dani Parejo would combine in the first arrival to the rival goal with a pass to Alfonso Pedraza, who would not hesitate and would shoot clear and strong to put the score 1 Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano 0.
The duel was very lively, the locals were looking to generate spaces to get the equalizer, but the visitors’ defense was well placed on the field. The equalizer came, the striker Sergi Guardiola reached the rival goal to score, three times he had to hit the ball, it was in the last revote that the ball would go in to get the score even.
But Villarreal would not give any respite, Pau Torres would hit a pass to Juan Marcos Foyth who would shoot first time to send the ball inside Dimitrievski’s goal. Once again, the Yellow Submarine were swimming ahead of the Rayistas. And in the 38th minute, a pass from Pedraza to striker Paco Alcácer resulted in Villarreal’s third to begin to seal a match that was clearly theirs.
It would not be the last of the first half, at minute 45′ + 1′ Dani Parejo connected an extraordinary ball to the defender Pau Torres, who with his back turned, finished like a “9” to put his team comfortably in a 4 – 1 winning safe. That’s how they would go to the break, with Rayo Vallecano’s team crushed.
At 63′ Rayo would have managed to put the ball into Villarreal’s net, but Catena’s control with his arm would end up being the reason why, after a VAR review, the goal was disallowed. They were looking hard for the equalizer, but the rivals were also looking to inflate the score in their favor.
And then in the 89th minute, the constant search of the visiting players would pay off, Boulaye Día perfectly assisted Alfonso Pedraza who would seal the match with the fifth for the Yellow Submarines.
Upcoming games Matchday 20 LaLiga
On date #20 of LaLiga will be played Elche vs Villarreal, a match practically assured by the Yellow Submarines and Rayo Vallecano vs Almeria.
Predictions for Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano January 2023
The last five Villarreal vs Rayo Vallecano that have been played have ended in 4 wins for the Yellow Submarines, one draw and zero wins for the Rayistas. We can account for the development of each team during the season and they do not keep much distance between them. In fact, until their 14th matchday, Rayo had had better luck in their last five games than Villarreal. It is possible that this match will end in a 1-1 draw or a 0-1 Rayo victory.
Check out our other LaLiga Predictions or hit the Bet Now button to win.
More Soccer Predictions
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get them all!