Tottenham vs Manchester City Predictions and Odds
Tottenham vs Manchester City could be one of the best games on offer at the start of the year. Two teams that go head to head for clear objectives, the title and Champions League places. They are sure to offer us 90 minutes -or more- of exciting soccer.
Tottenham vs Manchester City Odds and Statistics
Tottenham vs Manchester City Betting tips EPL: The season so far.
At the beginning of the competition we saw how Tottenham was struggling in every game, although they were getting good results. But before the break for the World Cup, in their last five matches they had three defeats practically in a row. They should look to get the most out of Tottenham vs Manchester City, knowing that they can measure themselves against this rival.
Manchester City is one of the great contenders for the Premier League title, they want to defend it and they are going for it. They had a spectacular start but some stumbles are tarnishing this, because they have a very strong rival that does not stop. In Tottenham vs Manchester City they have a great opportunity to score and get the victory, will they be able to take advantage of it?
Tottenham vs Manchester City Preview Games and History
The most recent Tottenham vs Manchester City was played on 19 – 02 – 22 at the Etihad Satdium, a match undoubtedly very exciting and full of goals. It was fought until the end and Spurs ended up taking it, leaving the Citizens with no points at home.
Tottenham were barely able to have the ball in 28% of the match, but this would be more than enough to get the three goals that would give them the victory. On the other hand, Manchester City managed the ball 72% of the match, which brought them closer to victory but was not enough to consolidate it.
Likewise, the Citizens had a greater range in the effectiveness of their passes, with 91%, also more than the 78% accuracy achieved by Spurs. The home side had four more shots on goal and conceded just one goal. The visitors shot at their opponents’ goal five times, conceding 3 of those shots.
The match started in a very exciting way. And only 4 minutes into the match Son Heung-Min would generate the pass to Dejan Kulusevski that would end up in the first for the visitors. Almost half an hour later, in the 33rd minute, midfielder Ilkay Gundogan scored the equalizer for the home side. This would be the final score of the first half, a lot of back and forth on the pitch, both teams were looking to generate a game.
It didn’t take long for Spurs to take the lead, another magnificent pass from Son Heung-Min to Harry Kane would result in the 2-1. The match progressed and in the 74th minute Spurs scored their third goal but it was disallowed due to a VAR decision. The match was in full swing, tempers flared and in the 90th minute a foul in favor of the home team was awarded a penalty. Who would execute the penalty at minute 90′ + 2′ would be the striker Riyad Mahrez to put Tottenham vs Manchester City 2 – 2.
It would be 10′ of added time, a tortuous battle for the two teams that came from a very lively game in search of victory, anything could happen in these minutes and indeed, at minute 90′ + 5′ Kulusevski would assist striker Harry Kane to put the icing on the cake in the three posts of the home team. The match was over with Spurs beating the Citizens at home.
Upcoming games Matchday 23 Premier League
Predictions for the next Tottenham vs Manchester City in February 2023
Of the last five Tottenham vs Manchester City games played between 2020 and 2022, three have been wins for Spurs and two wins for the Citizens. This season has brought a grown up Manchester City who boast the Premiership’s scoring machine. Tottenham, on the other hand, have looked crestfallen at times. It is possible that the result of this match will be a victory for the visitors with a final score of 3 – 1 or 3 – 0.
Do you want more information about our other EPL matches? Access the predictions available on our website.
Odds Analysis and Previous Match History
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get them all!