Southampton vs Aston Villa Predictions and Odds

The Premier League returned recharged from the World Cup break and must make up dates. The clubs are moving forward at full speed, the players are back with a desire for revenge. Matches are coming like finals, and Southampton vs Aston Villa will be like that, an urgent search for victory.

Southampton FC Predictions EPL
Southampton UK
21 Jan, 16:00 Premier League Bet Now
Aston Villa UK
Aston Villa Predictions EPL

Southampton vs Aston Villa Odds and Statistics

Southampton vs Aston Villa Betting tips EPL: The season so far.

Southampton

The Premier League season has not been easy for Southampton, no matter how hard they try, it is difficult for them to achieve victories or even draws. At their 15th date played, they had 9 defeats, more than wins (3) and draws (3) combined. They arrive in bad conditions to Southampton vs Aston Villa, but they should do their best to get at least a point.

Aston Villa

For some seasons now, Aston Villa has not stood out in the competition, they are settling for the permanence and this is what is happening this season. But they should not claim victory, their position is still very tight, so they should look for the three points in Southampton vs Aston Villa.

Southampton vs Aston Villa Preview Games and History

The most recent Southampton vs Aston villa was played on 16 – 09 – 22 at Villla Park. It was a match ended by a simple result that would benefit the home side. The match was quite even, passed very slow and almost no scoring opportunities, it was developed almost all in midfield. Both clubs were containing the opponent’s advance more than thinking about attacking.

Aston Villa had the ball more than the opposite team, managing to dominate the ball in 53% of the match, while Southampton kept the ball for the remaining 47% of the game. The moves constructed had almost the same success rate for both clubs, with Villa’s accuracy at 74%, while the Saints managed 73% of their passes.

Shots on goal were poor on both sides of the pitch, the home side had 3 shots on goal and one hit, while the visitors had one shot on goal with no positive result.

The start of the match already showed the pace of the game. Nothing that could be significant was generated, the proposal of the clubs was more to contain than to go in search of a result with more goals. In addition, the few intentions were undermined by the opponent’s brakes.

It would be in the 45th minute that midfielder Jacob Ramsey would finally score and open the scoreboard. Southampton vs Aston Villa was 0 – 1. In the rest of the first half there would be only one yellow card for Philippe Coutinho, the first of the match that had passed very cleanly. In all his plays.

The second half would see a bit more mobility but without this translating into goals. It brought as a consequence more contact between players and three more yellows, at 58′ for Jacob Ramsey, at 82′ for Southampton’s James Ward – Prowse and at 90’+ 1′ for Aston Villa defender Ashley Young.

Upcoming games Matchday 22 Premier League

On date #22 of the Premiership will be played Brentford vs Southampton, a tough and difficult match for os Santos, and Aston Villa vs Leicester City.

Prediction for Southampton vs Aston Villa January 2023.

Of the last five Southampton vs Aston Villa, two have been wins for the Saints and three wins for the Villans. During this season, neither club has had a formidable performance, both in fact touch close to relegation although it is true that one a little more. The final result of this match could be a 1 – 0 win for the Villans or a 1 – 1 draw.

Do you want more information about our other EPL matches? Access the predictions available on our website.

Odds Analysis and Previous Match History

21 Jan, 16:00 Premier League
Southampton FC Predictions EPL
Southampton
VS
Aston Villa Predictions EPL
Aston Villa
Southampton FC Predictions EPL
Southampton UK
21 Jan, 16:00 Premier League Bet Now
Aston Villa UK
Aston Villa Predictions EPL

More Soccer Predictions

19 May, 00:00
Mallorca predictions
Mallorca
VS
Almeria predictions
Almeria
19 May, 00:00
Athletic Bilbao Predictions
Athletic
VS
Sevilla FC predictions and forecasts
Sevilla
19 May, 00:00
Real Betis Predictions
Betis
VS
Real Sociedad Predictions
Real Sociedad
19 May, 00:00
Cadiz CF Predictions
Cadiz
VS
Las Palmas Predictions
Las Palmas