Aston Villa vs Leicester City Predictions and Odds
The middle-bottom of the table is locked, the difference is so small that it is difficult to say which team will survive. In this Aston Villa vs Leicester City the stake is the safeguard of a position out of danger that could certainly change if the teams at the bottom tighten their grip, who will win?
Aston Villa vs Leicester City Odds and Statistics
Aston Villa vs Leicester City Betting tips EPL: The season so far.
For Aston Villa it has not been easy this season, they have encountered big obstacles and opponents who have not hesitated to secure the matches. In this Aston Villa vs Leicester City they should be the ones looking for the victory at any cost.
Leicester City had a bad start to the season, they almost looked lifeless in the competition. But just before going into the World Cup break they managed to make it four wins out of their last five games. That’s the attitude they should bring to Aston Villa vs Leicester City.
Aston Villa vs Leicester City Preview Games and History
The most recent Aston Villa vs Leicester City was played on 23 – 04 – 22 at the King Power Stadium the match was dominated by the home side, however, it would all end goalless for either side, lack of playmaking and lack of effectiveness led to almost no clear goal scoring opportunities and none of the existing ones came to fruition.
65% of the match was controlled by the Zorros, who were looking for the perfect combination to break through the rival defense, but this was not achieved. The other 35% of the match was in the hands of the Villanos, who, although they had little touch of the ball, generated the necessary resistance and competition for the opponents.
The locals managed to dominate the ball and their passes during these moments of control were 85% effective, contrary to the 68% accuracy achieved by the visitors. During the 90′ minutes of the match there were few chances to concede goals, for Leicester City there were only two clear chances, while Aston Villa had 3 shots on goal.
The first half passed completely unnoticed, nothing, absolutely nothing that could make this match one that would catch the eye or be worthy of remembering as a highlight for either team.
On the return, the atmosphere was heating up, both teams wanted to score a goal to make the difference, but it was proving impossible. In the 63rd minute, the first foul was given that led to the referee showing a yellow card to Leicester City midfielder Nampalys Mendy. And consequently, at minute 65′ the second yellow of the match would be for the midfielder, also of Leicester, Kiernan Dewsbury – Hall.
Later, in the 72nd minute, the first yellow for Aston Villa would come, to midfielder Douglas Luiz. The minutes were very tight and full of contact between players. At minute 75′ James Maddison, Leicester midfielder would get the fourth yellow of the match and the third for his team. Soon to end the match, at 90′ + 5′ another one would fall for Aston Villa, this time for Leon Bailey. There would be no goal and the points were shared one by one for two teams that remained in the intentions.
Upcoming games Matchday 23 Premier League
Prediction for Aston Villa vs Leicester City February 2023
Of the last five meetings between Aston Villa vs Leicester City from 2020 to 2022, two have been wins for the Villans, one draw and two wins for the Foxes. Most of these victories have ended in a narrow one-goal win, except for one, in 2020, which Leicester would end up winning 4-1 against Aston Villa.
This season we see them with many similarities in both the overall performance and the results that each of these clubs have achieved. Prior to the World Cup break they were neck and neck in the standings with two things differentiating them, one more draw for the Villans and a neutral goal difference for the Foxes. The final score could be a 1-1 draw or a 1-0 win for the Foxes.
Do you want more information about our other Premier League matches? Access the predictions available on our website.
Odds Analysis and Previous Match History
Subscribe to our free newsletter and get them all!